Summer is peach time, and I do love a nice hot bubbly crisp. Here I combine delicious summer ripened peaches with blueberries and a crispy granola-walnut topping. As I sliced the peaches, their aroma wafted all around me. That's the thing about summer ripened peaches - they have such a great bouquet. The only thing that could make this any better would be ice cream!
4 large ripe peaches, pitted and sliced
1 pint blueberries
4 Tbsp butter, melted
Juice of 1/2 lemon
1/3 cup brown sugar 1 tsp vanilla extract
1 Tbsp cornstarch
Crisp Topping
6 Tbsp butter, room temperature, not melted
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup favorite granola
1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
1/2 cup brown sugar
Preheat oven to 375F.
Mix together the filling ingredients and let the fruit macerate while you prepare the topping.
Use a fork to mix together the topping ingredients in a bowl. Butter a 9x13-inch dish. Pour in the fruit mixture and distribute evenly. Distribute the topping evenly over the fruit mixture.Bake for about 20-30 minutes until brown and bubbly.



Comments
Post a Comment