I love cooking for our soul mate Nancy, who enjoys being cooked for! She raved when she and my brother came over for a summer BBQ recently and said about this recipe "This is a keeper!". So I'm keeping it; right here.
3 chicken breasts, pounded to about 1/2-inch thickness
Marinade
1/4 cup olive oil
Juice and zest of 1 lemon
1 Tbsp fresh thyme leaves, minced
3 cloves garlic, finely minced
12 fresh basil leaves, julienned
2 Tbsp soy sauce
1 Tbsp Balsamic vinegar
1 tsp kosher salt
Freshly ground back pepper, to taste
Fresh basil leaves to garnish
Whisk together the marinade ingredients and submerge the chicken in it. Allow to marinate a good hour in the refrigerator, turning often.
Heat grill to high. Grill breasts on high turning every 2-3 minutes. About halfway into cooking, I pour on the remaining marinade - this assures it gets cooked through, and generates a good bit of flame-up to brown the edges of the chicken nicely - so use caution with the flames! Cook only until the center reads 155-160F with a digital instant-read thermometer.
Allow to rest for five minutes covered with foil - the breasts should continue to heat up to 165F.
Serves 4.Cook’s Notes: I served these with egg noodles tossed with grape tomatoes, shallots and spinach.



Comments
Post a Comment